Monday, October 22, 2007

The Agony and the Ecstacy

Let me begin with the agony. Well, after the wedding banquet emceeing I did last Saturday night at the Elsalvador Beach Resort in Danao City, I and Francis had to travel back to Cebu City for about 40 minutes at the back of a multi-cab. There was no decent seat at all for us. Then we went up to WRocK at Golden Peak Hotel to get my stuff for my overnight stay with Francis at his place up in the hills...somewhere. The agony began after getting off the habalhabal at 9pm. In the dark we had to make our slow descent with a small flashlight and a cigarette lighter. I was not used to trekking downhill without much light. I kept calling out the name of Jesus for I was afraid of falling like a rolling stone. It was so dark and slippery that I had the boldness to tell Francis that I would never again return to his place. I felt cursed being in such a situation. The agony ended after we reached his old and dilapidated house occupied by his mama and papa, who terribly looked too old for their age. Both had lost most of their teeth. The agony, unfortunately, came back the next day Sunday. It was making our way up the hills. The same old trail we had going down.

The Ecstacy! Well, it was all about my sleeping in a small narrow bed with my F in the living room. The blood red curtains gave the drab room some erotic aura. They made me feel I was in a girlie bar. Yes! The ecstacy of swimming, but it was more like soaking, in the mountain river. Wow! And all those quick and secret kisses we gave each other in land and in water. I got white and yellow chrysanthemums from Francis' mama before I left their place Sunday afternoon.

No comments: